With all of Virginia Beach’s endless summertime must-experience attractions, sites and fun on the water, it can be hard to determine what to do, which is why we’ve put together some of our recommendations and locals’ favorites for the ultimate summer bucket list. Grab a pen and get ready to check off your next Virginia Beach adventure!
- Zip-line through the trees at the Adventure Park at the Virginia Aquarium, the first-of-its kind aerial challenge course in Virginia, offering varying levels of difficulties and climbing platforms for thrill-seekers of all ages.
- Take a historic selfie at the Cape Henry Lighthouse, where stunning coastal views make for a stellar backdrop.
- Seal it with a kiss during Seal Splash at the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center, where you’ll also learn about various aquatic animals and environments and see otters, turtles, rays and sharks – oh my!
- Kayak alongside dolphins through the waters of the Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge, with the possibility of spotting bald eagles, otters and osprey too!
- Claim your piece of paradise by way of hiking trails through False Cape State Park, exploring six miles of pristine beaches that are only accessible by bike or by foot.
- Hike (or bike) in the footsteps of history on your trail of choice at First Landing State Park, a registered National Historic Landmark and the site of the Jamestown colonists’ first landing in 1607.
- Watch the sunrise and sunset from the same spot at the Chesapeake Bay Beach, providing shallow waters and a tranquil shore making it an ideal spot to relax. While you’re there, dine at one of the Chesapeake Bay’s dockside restaurants offering spectacular views!
- Build a castle at Grommet Island Beach Park and Playground, where people of all abilities can enjoy beach access.
Plan your summer vacation today!