Virginia Tourism Corporation and Virginia Beach CVB discuss trends in social media, travel packages, co-ops, weddings and marketing to millennials
Virginia Beach, Va. (March 10, 2014) – The Virginia Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) is hosting a free forum for businesses in the tourism industry focusing on leveraging marketing strategies to increase leisure travel visitation. Rita McClenny, President and CEO of the Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC), is a featured speaker, as well as VTC’s Brand Director Thad Smith. During several forums, the speakers will offer engaging discussions on topics ranging from social media, marketing to millennials and gen-Xers, creating travel packages and co-ops, and how to get involved in niche marketing opportunities targeting weddings, sports marketing and international travelers.
WHAT: Free forum: Leveraging Marketing Strategies to Attract Leisure Traveler
WHO: Featured Speakers:
- Rita McClenny, President & CEO of VTC
- James B. Ricketts, Director, Virginia Beach CVB
- Chuck Applebach, Vice-President of Marketing & Research, Virginia Beach CVB
- Kelli Norman, Director of Tourism Marketing & Sales, Virginia Beach CVB
- Nancy Helman, Director of Sports Marketing, Virginia Beach CVB
- Thad Smith, Brand Director, VTC
- Greg Ward, Partner & Account Director, BCF
WHEN: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
WHERE: Virginia Beach Convention Center, 1000 19th Street, Virginia Beach, Va.
REGISTER: This event is open to travel, tourism, hospitality, and retail businesses and organizations. Advance registration is suggested: www.visitvirginiabeach.com/cvb.
Media is welcome to attend.