- November 20, 2020 - December 31, 2020
- Recurring daily
- Virginia Beach Boardwalk
- 215 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, 23451
- Time: Illumination begins at 5:30 pm each night and continues until 11 pm on Fridays and Saturdays and 10 pm from Sundays through Thursdays.
Take a magical journey on the Virginia Beach Boardwalk at BayPort Credit Union Holiday Lights Merry Mile! This Hampton Roads tradition begins Friday, November 20 and continues nightly through New Year’s Eve December 31st. Illumination begins at 5:30 pm each night and continues until 11 pm on Fridays and Saturdays and 10 pm from Sundays through Thursdays.
Drive your vehicle ON THE BOARDWALK through Nautical, Holiday, and Adventure Lands with a soundtrack signal playing traditional Holiday music on your vehicle’s radio. Festive fish, musical crabs, and hard-working elves – all in brightly colored lights against the moonlit Atlantic Ocean - are the stars of BayPort Credit Union Holiday Lights Merry Mile. They are joined by light-up Santa and a 40-foot tall Christmas tree erected on the beach and in the beautiful parks along the Virginia Beach Boardwalk. The light display includes archways along the entire length of the spectacular light display with fish swimming overhead and spectacular light tunnels to drive through. Military tributes to the region’s strong Armed Forces community are featured prominently throughout the display.
Families are encouraged to enjoy everything the Virginia Beach Resort features by Holiday-bundling BayPort Credit Union Holiday Lights Merry Mile with dinner at one of the many fine restaurants or a visit to one of the exciting attractions at the Oceanfront. For information and specials, visit Atlantic Avenue Association’s website at www.atlanticavevb.com.
BayPort Credit Union Holiday Lights Merry Mile has been named one of the Southeast Tourism Society’s “Top 20 November Events” and one of American Bus Association's "Top 100 Events in North America”! More than 20,000 families a year make this unique light show a part of their holiday celebration. This “Fanta-Sea” of lights will dazzle and amaze holiday visitors and locals alike.
Know Before You Go:
- All vehicles enter the Boardwalk through the Holiday Lights Merry Mile main entrance on Atlantic Avenue at 2nd Street.
- Vehicles queue on Atlantic Avenue beginning at 21st Street only.
- No vehicles are permitted to enter the Atlantic Avenue queue line south of 21st Street.
- Entrance fee is cash only.
- Tickets are subject to availability.
- No refunds on purchased tickets.
- Light show is held rain or shine. Show may be suspended or postponed due to severe weather or in case of severe weather forecast. Follow Live! On Atlantic on Facebook and Instagram for weather updates.
- All vehicles must be properly registered and insured to operate in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- All vehicles must observe the posted speed limit.
- Pedestrians are prohibited on the Boardwalk during light show.
- Passengers must remain in vehicle at all times and vehicles are prohibited from parking on the Boardwalk.
- These regulations do not alter or change State or City laws in any manner and guests are subject to all applicable State or City laws.