- November 13, 2020 - January 3, 2021
- Recurring daily
- Virginia Beach Boardwalk
- 215 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
- Time: Illumination begins at 5:30 pm each night and continues until 11 pm on Fridays and Saturdays and 10 pm from Sundays through Thursdays.
Take a magical journey on the Virginia Beach Boardwalk at BayPort Credit Union Holiday Lights at the Beach! This Hampton Roads tradition begins Friday, November 13 and continues nightly through January 3, 2021.
New this year, guests will be required to purchase tickets in advance, online through Eventbrite. Upon entry, tickets will be scanned on mobile devices, to limit person-to-person contact. Tickets will go on sale Thursday, October 15 at 10:00 a.m.
The Bayport Credit Union Holiday Lights at the Beach is the perfect socially-distanced event to attend during the 2020 holiday season! Guests drive their vehicles on the Virginia Beach Boardwalk through holiday, nautical, and adventure-themed light displays, listening on their radios to a soundtrack playing traditional holiday music. Festive fish, musical crabs, and hard-working elves – all in brightly colored lights against the moonlit Atlantic Ocean - are the stars of BayPort Credit Union Holiday Lights at the Beach. They are joined by Surfing Santa and a 40-foot tall dancing light Christmas tree, new for 2020! The magical light display features fish swimming overhead, color-changing archways, and light fixtures that pay tribute to the region’s Armed Forces community.
“Here at BayPort, we know that 2020 has been a challenging year for many in our community. Now more than ever, we believe in the value of safe, fun, and family-friendly experiences this holiday season. That is why we are excited to be the presenting sponsor of this year’s Holiday Lights at the Beach for the third straight year,” said President/CEO Jim Mears.
Families are encouraged to enjoy everything the Virginia Beach Resort features by Holiday-bundling BayPort Credit Union Holiday Lights at the Beach with dinner at one of the many fine restaurants or a visit to one of the exciting attractions at the Oceanfront. For information and special offers, visit Atlantic Avenue Association’s website at www.atlanticavevb.com.
BayPort Credit Union Holiday Lights at the Beach has been named one of the Southeast Tourism Society’s “Top 20 November Events” and one of American Bus Association's "Top 100 Events in North America”! More than 20,000 families a year make this unique light show a part of their holiday celebration. This “Fanta-Sea” of lights will dazzle and amaze holiday visitors and locals alike.
BayPort Credit Union Holiday Lights at the Beach Schedule
Nightly November 13 through January 3
All tickets must be purchased in advance through Eventbrite.
Discounted corporate and school tickets are available. Please contact the IMGoing office at 333-0921 to order.
Hours of operation:
5:30 pm - 10:00 pm Sunday through Thursday
5:30 pm - 11:00 pm Friday through Saturday.
Passenger Vehicles, $17
Mini buses, $30
Military Monday, presented by BayPort Credit Union, offers $5 off admission for passenger vehicles providing military ID.
Know Before You Go:
- Tickets must be purchased in advance through Eventbrite.
- All vehicles enter the Boardwalk through the Holiday Lights at the Beach main entrance on Atlantic Avenue at 2nd Street.
- Vehicle queue on Atlantic Avenue begins at 21st Street.
- All vehicles must observe traffic regulations posted on the boardwalk.
- Tickets are subject to availability.
- No refunds on purchased tickets.
- Light show is held rain or shine. Show may be suspended or postponed due to severe weather or in case of severe weather forecast. Follow Live! On Atlantic on Facebook and Instagram for weather updates.
- All vehicles must be properly registered and insured to operate in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- All vehicles must observe the posted speed limit.
- Pedestrians are prohibited on the Boardwalk during light show.
- Passengers must remain in vehicle at all times and vehicles are prohibited from parking on the Boardwalk.
- These regulations do not alter or change State or City laws in any manner and guests are subject to all applicable State or City laws.
- For more resort info, please visit www.visitvirginiabeach.com