VB Smarter in Virginia Beach is the collective message the Virginia Beach CVB and the local hospitality industry is sharing to highlight the work that Virginia Beach businesses are implementing to protect consumer and employee health this summer.
We’re open and we’re pledging to VB Smarter. Businesses that pledge to VB Smarter agree to, at minimum, follow the guidelines set forth by Governor Ralph Northam's Phase I initiatives.
We want to hear what you are doing to VB Smarter at your place of business. Please click the Register link below to create an INFORMATION OFFER describing your business's enhanced cleanliness practices and accept the pledge.
We are excited to share your information on our website so your potential guests will be comfortable knowing you choose to VB Smarter in 2021.
For your convenience, we have developed a VB Smarter 2021 Toolkit which can be found here
Also, for your added convenience, we're supplying an example from one of Virginia Beach's iconic restaurants, Rockafeller's, courtesy of owner B.J. Baumann:
Rockafeller's is taking the pledge to Summer Smarter in 2021. In partnership with the City of Virginia Beach, we will adhere to a new set of operational protocols with the safety, security, and well-being of our visitors and employees in mind.
Rockafeller’s is utilizing a combination of information from the National Restaurant Association (ServSafe), Center for Disease Control, Virginia Department of Health, Virginia Hospitality and Travel Association, and Virginia Beach Restaurant Association. We desire to take a leadership role in creating an environment that is safe and healthy for both our guests and employees.
Below are the new procedures that we have embraced:
- All guest-facing employees will wear masks. They are to be laundered daily and employees must avoid touching their faces.
- ServSafe certified Managers will be available at all times and all employees have received ServSafe food handler training.
- We are completing employee safety checks upon arrival for each shift, including a temperature check.
- Increased training of all employees regarding sanitation, appropriate handling of masks and gloves, and the ability to communicate our procedures to all guests.
- Elevated cleaning procedures with CDC-approved products with special attention to high-touch areas every 60 minutes.
- Use of single-use items and paper napkins throughout the restaurant.
- Disposable menus.
- No handshaking or touching policy
- We will have strategically located hand sanitizer throughout the restaurant for employees and guests.
- Prominent signage at all entry’s outlining CDC/Health Dept. notices.
- All seating is arranged for appropriate social distancing and no parties of more than 8 will be allowed.
- Waiting guests will be alerted via text while they wait in the car or stroll the dock area surrounding Rockafeller’s.
- We have created a safe air environment by the installation of enhanced filters and ultraviolet lights within our air/heating systems. We are utilizing a Reme Halo IAQ system.
- Each employee has been trained on our best practices and has agreed in writing to adhere to these standards.
At Rockafeller's, we have pledged to VB Smarter in 2021.