In response to the pandemic, the Virginia Beach Convention Center (VBCC) has developed and implemented a safe program to host successful events in its more than 150,000-square-foot exhibition space.
VBCC General Manager Bryan Miller and his team have worked hard to ensure all areas of the building are properly sanitized and that visitors feel safe & comfortable during their time at the center.
Some steps that have been taken include:
- Continuous cleaning of high-touch surfaces
- MERV-14 air filters installed for higher filtration and better indoor air quality
- EPA registered chemicals proven to kill the COVID virus
- Dedicated entrance and exit (one-way only)
- Physical markers for six-foot distancing in lines
- Static and digital signage throughout the facility with COVID best practices
- No re-entry
- Limited maximum capacity for each session
- Extra aisle space between booths
- Extra staff to manage traffic patterns and mask mandate
- Propped doors open for a more touchless experience
- Hand sanitizer locations throughout the building
“We have worked closely with the health department to make sure we could adhere to the state-mandated executive orders,” said Miller. “We didn’t reopen without approval of our COVID risk mitigation plan from the health department, developed in concert with the client and VBCC staff.”
While current guidelines have only allowed consumer shows and small meetings to be practical, the VBCC is well prepared to welcome back meetings and conventions as soon as conditions improve and guidelines allow. Our team at the VBCC has a proven plan to run events safely and successfully.
For information on booking an event at the Virginia Beach Convention Center, contact:
Interim Vice President of Convention Sales & Marketing
757.385.6663 or snoona@VisitVirginiaBeach.com.