- April 18, 2020
- Beach Events
- 2401 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
- Time: 12:00 PM to 2:30 PM
The East Coast She-Crab Soup Classic focuses on one of Coastal Virginia’s most-loved seafood delicacies. This coastal cuisine has been a staple of area menus for decades.
Restaurants serve their individual recipes and compete for People’s Choice Awards, determined by the ballots of those attending. Critic’s Choice Awards also are given by a panel of four leading regional cuisine experts. Live music from Steve Daley! Deeply discounted general admission sampling tickets are available in advance at ticketmaster.com. General admission tickets may also be available at the Box Office on the day of the show, if available. We highly recommend getting your tickets early!
After the early afternoon event, spend the day at the beautiful Virginia Beach Oceanfront and the dozens of world-class restaurants. Along with the 3-mile Boardwalk, Virginia Beach is home to exciting attractions and activities including Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center and some of the most scenic holes of golf on the East Coast.
Critics' Choice Award
1st Place: CP Shuckers Cafe & Raw Bar
2nd Place: Murphy's Irish Pub
3rd Place: Irwin's Pharmacy & Fountain
Honorable Mention: Captain Groovy's Grill & Raw Bar; Ocean's 14 Restaurant & Bar; Norfolk Seafood Co. & Big Easy Oyster Bar
Peoples' Choice Award
1st Place: Murphy's Irish Pub
2nd Place: Calypso Bar & Grill
3rd Place: Ocean's 14 Restaurant & Bar
Honorable Mention: Irwin's Pharmacy & Fountain; CP Shuckers Cafe & Raw Bar; Norfolk Seafood Co. & Big Easy Oyster Bar
East Coast She-Crab Soup Classic Ticket Info
Sampling admission ticket
- allows one soup sample per restaurant
- $15: available in advance from Feb. 7th for a limited time only at ticketmaster.com. Service fees apply.
- $20: available in advance until April 12th at ticketmaster.com. Service fees apply.
- $25: available in advance from April 13th to April 17th at ticketmaster.com. Service fees apply.
- $25: available in limited quantities at the Festival Box Office on Saturday.
There is a limit of eight tickets per purchase.
Tickets are subject to availability.
Know Before You Go
- Festival Box Office opens one hour prior to gate opening.
- Festival is held outdoors rain or shine. Festival may be suspended or postponed due to severe weather or in case of severe weather forecast.
- No refunds.
- Children 12 and younger who are not sampling and are accompanied by an adult are free.
- Animals and beach chairs are not permitted in the tasting area, excluding Service Animals.
- Picnic baskets are welcome.
- No alcohol or glass may be brought into the Festival.
- For the safety of all, Event Security may screen persons entering the Festival.
- Festival guests may be photographed and videotaped for future promotional use.
- These regulations do not alter or change State or City laws in any manner and guests are subject to all applicable State or City laws.
- For parking info, please visit http://bit.ly/2kTXLR9
- For more resort info, please visit www.visitvirginiabeach.com