In partnership with the City of Virginia Beach, Virginia MOCA pledges to Summer Smarter in 2021. We are adhering to a set of operational protocols to support the safety, security, and well-being of our visitors and employees.
Virginia MOCA is committed to following all the guidelines laid out for museums by the CDC and the Commonwealth of Virginia, and we require our visitors to do the same.
Our procedures include:
1. Timed ticketing and capacity limitations. Every 30 minutes, 10 patrons can enter the exhibitions where they will follow a set path through the Museum. https://virginiamoca.org/tickets
2. Plexiglass barrier at the front desk to limit contact between visitors and staff.
3. Measures to limit the number of objects a visitor touches are in place, including holding open doors, paperless ticketing, and no-touch educational activities.
4. Restricted public hours to allow for weekly deep cleaning, in addition to frequent daily cleanings with CDC approved products in high-touch areas.
5. Hand sanitizer stations for visitors and staff at entrance/exit points.
6. Signs promoting social distance of six feet for staff and visitors.
7. Private viewing options for visitors with health conditions who have concerns about visiting the Museum in the regularly scheduled groups of 10. Please email email@example.com for accommodations.
8. Employee safety checks on arrival, including a health questionnaire and temperature check.
9. Required use of masks for all employees and visitors. Employees have been trained in safety protocols, including proper mask usage, frequent hand washing, and social distancing.
10. Signage at the entrance and online Guidelines and FAQS outlining our COVID-19 policies. https://virginiamoca.org/guidelines
11. Many programs are now offered online and can be viewed from home. https://virginiamoca.org/events/calendar