Ocean Breeze Waterpark is taking the pledge to Summer Smarter in 2020. We raised our already demanding standards to an even higher level with new protocols and procedures to allow guests to safely enjoy outdoor recreation in our 19-acre water park.
Ocean Breeze Waterpark has developed these guidelines in conjunction with the most current guidance from the World Health Organization (“WHO”), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (“OSHA”), American Heart Association (“AHA”), Jeff Ellis and Associates (“JEA”), local and state guidance, the City of Virginia Beach “Beach Reopening Plan”, World Waterpark Association (“WWA”) and the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (“IAAPA”).
• Park capacity will be reduced in phases to allow for physical distancing.
• All guests and employees will be asked health screening questions prior to entering the facility. Anyone that indicates COVID-19 symptoms or exposure will not be permitted to enter, along with their party.
• Team members also receive a temperature check and are sent home if their temperature exceeds 100.4 °F.
• Team members are required to wear a face covering in virtually every area of the park. Between rides and attractions, guests are recommended to wear face coverings, except while in the water or on slides.
• Guests are encouraged to purchase online, in advance, to reduce face-to-face purchase transactions when possible.
• Acrylic barriers have been put in place at our front gate, food, and merchandise locations to limit exposure.
• Deck layouts are modified to ensure distancing in all lounging and dining areas.
• Guests are guided by signs, floor markings and announcements to stay at least six feet from others and limit interactions with those who are not in their party.
• Staff wearing “Safety Ambassador” shirts will provide friendly reminders to guests about physical distancing.
• All employees will be trained on COVID-19 safety protocols and safe behaviors.
• Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the park, including at the beginning and end of each ride or attraction.
• Signs are displayed to encourage all employees and guests to wash their hands often and cover their coughs and sneezes.
• Frequently touched surfaces will be on an enhanced cleaning and disinfecting schedule with an EPA approved disinfectant.
• Life vests, lockers, dining tables, deck furniture, and inner tubes will be disinfected/sanitized between uses.
• Clean Team members are responsible for cleanliness throughout the park, including disinfection of handrails, loungers, tabletops, tubes, door handles, and other surfaces.
• Our pool water is maintained at the required water chemistry and is checked and posted at the entrance of the water park according to health department requirements. The CDC has shown that proper operation, maintenance and disinfection of pool water kills the virus that causes COVID-19 in seconds.