Norfolk International Airport has implemented key changes in public areas to encourage social distancing, face covering usage and sanitation practices designed to keep travelers and the airport community safe.
Some of the changes being implemented include:
• FACE COVERINGS: All employees and travelers shall wear face coverings when social distancing guidelines cannot be met.
• HEALTH AND SAFETY REMINDERS: Overhead announcements, video messages and posters give guidance on hand washing, face covering and social distancing in the airport terminals.
• CLEANING AND SANITATION: Janitorial teams have increased frequency of cleaning and are using disinfectant foggers in public areas of the airport terminals. Hand sanitizer dispensers are available in high traffic areas.
• PLASTIC SHIELDS: Plastic shields are in place in high-traffic areas, including airline ticket counters, TSA security checkpoints and other areas.
Travelers and visitors should follow best practice recommendations to stay healthy:
• While inside airport terminals, wear face coverings, wash hands frequently and keep
six feet of distance from others.
• Plan to arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before scheduled departure time to allow for check-in and screening at TSA checkpoints.
• Print boarding passes at home or use mobile boarding passes to limit touchpoints.
• Individuals bringing travelers to the airport should drop them at curbside unless they are assisting an unaccompanied minor, a traveler with disabilities, or others needing assistance.