In partnership with the City of Virginia Beach, Edgar Cayce's A.R.E. will adhere to a new set of operational protocols with the safety, security and well-being of our visitors and employees in mind. Below are some of the new procedures we are implementing in our visitor center, bookstore, and spa.
• The total number of people on the first floor of the Visitor Center will be limited to a max of 15 people including staff.
• The lobby doors will remain locked and the front desk staff will manage the entry and exit of visitors keeping a count of the number of people on the 1st floor to not exceed the 15 maximum.
• Signage outlining entry requirements, distancing, etc. will be posted
• Masks will be provided to visitors who do not have one and hand sanitizer will also be stationed in the vestibule or just inside the inner doors for visitors to use upon entering.
• Any visitor not wearing a mask and who refuses to wear one provided will not be granted entry. Thus the need to keep the doors locked and not have open access during this initial reopening.
• Front desk staff will have a screen on the counter as well as floor decals marking 6’ spacing. They will wipe down the lobby desk as needed as well as the door handles and the bathroom doors. Water fountains will be disabled or if that is not possible signs will be posted prohibiting their use.
• The 2nd and 3rd floors will be closed to the public and a sign will be posted at the bottom of the stairs and at the elevator stating this.
• The door to the bookstore will remain closed and entry and exit will be managed by the bookstore staff to ensure that no more than 5-7 people including staff are in the store at any given time in order to maintain social distancing.
• There will be a screen up in front of Register 2 with the payment box on Register 1 in order to keep the distance between the customer and staff.
• There will be floor decals positioned in front of the register at 6’ spacing.
• All frequent contact public surfaces will be thoroughly disinfected frequently every hour. This is to include keypads, door handles, shopping baskets, cooler doors, and countertops.
• All staff must follow CDC hand-washing recommendations frequently throughout the day and after any breaks. These and other guidance will be circulated to staff and posted in the lobby.
• Rooms are thoroughly cleaned after each client (30-minute room blocks).
-30-minute room blocks.
• Therapists and clients wear a mask at all times. Therapists wear gloves.
• Therapists change clothes and shower between clients.
• No facials, or steams.
• Clients, staff, and therapists temperature will be taken.
• No guests of clients in the waiting area.
• When appointments are booked we inform the client that the card we have on file will be charged for the appointment. This is to eliminate the need to checkout at the front desk after an appointment.
• No more than one person or group checking in every 15 minutes.