The DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach is taking the pledge to Summer Smarter in 2020. In partnership with the City of Virginia Beach, we will adhere to a new set of operational protocols with the safety, security and well-being of our visitors and employees in mind.
The DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach is utilizing a combination of Hilton Worldwide standards, Virginia Beach Hotel Association, Center for Disease Control, Virginia Department of Health, and Virginia Hospitality and Travel Association. We are striving to take a leadership role in creating an environment that is safe and healthy for both our guests and employees.
Below are the new procedures that we have embraced:
1. All guest facing employees will wear masks. They are to be laundered daily and employees must avoid touching their faces.
2. ServSafe certified Managers will be available at all times and all employees have received ServSafe food handler training.
3. We are completing employee safety checks upon arrival for each shift.
4. Increased training of all employees regarding sanitation, appropriate handling of masks and gloves and the ability to communicate our procedures to all guests.
5. Housekeeping services enhanced as guests depart.
6. The elimination of daily housekeeping services during guests stay.
7. Elevated cleaning procedures with CDC approved products with special attention to high-touch areas.
8. Use of disposable menus in our restaurant.
9. No hand shaking or touching policy.
10. We will have strategically located hand sanitizer throughout the facility for employees and guests.
11. Restaurant seating is arranged for appropriate social distancing and no parties of more than 8 will be allowed.
12. Each employee has been trained on our best practices.
At the DoubleTree by Hilton Virginia Beach, we have pledged to Summer Smarter in 2020.