We’re excitedly awaiting for the spring season to begin and bring warmer weather, blooming flowers and extra daylight! To get you ready for your family’s spring break, we’ve compiled a list of things you should be sure to pack in your suitcase to help blossom your Virginia Beach itinerary and experience.
- Bucket – Spring means it is strawberry season in VB! Bring a bucket and pick your own berries at one of our You-Pick-It farms in Pungo.
- Binoculars – Watch bottlenose dolphins frolic in the waves while on a dolphin-watching boat tour.
- Go Pro Camera – Capture your time in the trees, as you challenge yourself to obstacle courses and zip lines at the Adventure Park at Virginia Aquarium.
- Running Shoes – Once your laces are tied, venture into the largest state park in Virginia. First Landing State Park has 19 different trails perfect for you and your family to explore!
- Blanket – Close out your day by sitting in the sand at the Chesapeake Bay Beach to snap a beautiful sunset selfie.
- Your Sense of Curiosity – Get ready to explore a one-of-a-kind playground at JT’s Grommet Island Beach Park, an ADA-compliant, fully accessible oceanfront park.
- Appetite – An empty belly is a must during your trip to VB, and if you enjoy She-Crab soup, you’ll be thrilled to know that this iconic and creamy soup, already a staple at area restaurants, will be set to compete the East Coast She-Crab Soup Classic (April 9).
- Kite – Raise your kite high in the sky during the Atlantic Coast Kite Festival (April 30) at the Resort Beach. Visitors and locals alike can participate in this fun competition with the chance to win Best Looking Kite and Longest Flight.
We hope this list will put a spring in your step when prepping for your spring break trip to VB. Happy packing!