‘Twas the holiday season and throughout VB, lights were hung aplenty for all to see. In the ViBe Creative District, shoppers shopped for gifts, handmade, while the shoppers at Town Center took in the parade! On the boardwalk were the runners, dressed as Santa, head-to-toe, excitedly awaiting “on your mark, get set, go!” From Santas and sing-alongs, to nautical lights on display, here in VB, this is how we holiday.
- Kick off December with the Holiday Parade at the Beach (Dec. 3) and see giant balloons, marching bands, flashy floats, dancers and more move along Atlantic Avenue, from 15th Street to 25th Street
- Get into the holiday spirit with a three-mile spectacle of nautically themed lights with the accompaniment of a selection of holiday music at the iconic McDonald’s Holiday Lights at the Beach (Nov. 18-Jan. 1) on the oceanfront boardwalk
- Visit Santa’s Seaside Village (Nov. 25-Jan. 1) for a beachy twist to the holiday season with carnival rides, animated displays of Santa’s busy elves building and shipping toys, live entertainment from carolers and storytellers and local vendors that provide perfect picks for holiday shopping
- Catch a glimpse of the jolly ol’ man swimming with the fish at the Virginia Aquarium during SCUBA Santa (weekends, Dec. 3-17)
- Celebrate the magic of the season with the Virginia Symphony Orchestra’s Jingle Bell Jam (Dec. 11) at the Sandler Center for the Performing Arts in Virginia Beach’s Town Center
- Dash away, dash away, dash away all… under the holiday lights along the boardwalk during the Surf-n-Santa 5 Miler (Dec. 17). Runners are encouraged to be creative and dress up for the holiday season
However you do it – whether you shop, sing or run, be sure to enjoy VB in this season of fun. ‘Tis the time to celebrate, you need no other reason. Happy Holidays to all, and to all, a good season!