With an endless amount of ways to have a good time, Virginia Beach has a place for every pop this Father’s Day. Whether he’s seeking some thrills or just looking to chill, VB has what you need to show the man who raised you a little appreciation this year.
For the Sports Lover:
- Start the day with a relaxing round of 18 at one of VB’s many beautiful golf courses
- Catch a ballgame and grab a slice at ShoreBreak Pizza and Sports near the Chesapeake Bay Beach
- Head to the Resort Beach to get in on a game of beach volleyball or sand soccer
- Finish the day by dropping a line into the surf from the Virginia Beach Fishing Pier. No fishing license required
For the History Buff:
- Get your morning workout in by scaling the steps of the famous Cape Henry Lighthouse, the first lighthouse authorized by the U.S. Government in 1792.
- Step back in time to our country’s golden era with brunch and a morning cocktail at the vintage Navy-themed Anchor Allie’s Bistro, and then touch down in the Sandbridge area to explore the uninhibited history of the Military Aviation Museum
- Explore what life in VB was like in 1805 at the historic Francis Land House
- Celebrate the first members of the U.S. Coast Guard at the Virginia Beach Surf and Rescue Museum at the Resort Beach
For the Kid at Heart:
- Begin the morning in free-fall at iFLY Indoor Skydiving
- Take some adrenaline-fueled laps around the track at American Indoor Go-Karting
- Spend the afternoon bouncing from one place to next at Jump Trampoline Park
- To keep the laughter rolling, finish the day off with dinner and a show at Funny Bone Comedy Club at Town Center
No matter how your dad likes to have a good time, Father’s Day in Virginia Beach is sure to have him feeling the love.
Before visiting Cape Henry Lighthouse, be sure to read additional information on location, arrival, and rules and regulations.