The City of Virginia Beach recognizes the power of sporting events to make a positive impact on the quality of life here. Through the Sports Marketing Event Support Program, the City offers assistance to those athletic events consisting of games, exhibitions, tournaments and other sports-related events that are planned, presented, promoted and played in Virginia Beach. It is designed to assist organizations in attracting sports opportunities that meet one or more of the following criteria:
The goal of the grant program is to attract high quality amateur and professional sporting events, conferences and meetings which, in turn, advance and promote year-round tourism, economic impact and quality of life in the City of Virginia Beach through sport.
If you believe your event qualifies, please fill out and submit the below grant application form. Instructions for this form can be found here. For questions or additional information, please call 757-385-4700.
13. Major sporting events (and dates) previously hosted by this organization:
14. Is this organization seeking funds from another CVB/City-funded organization (ie: Beachevents), please explain:
15. What is the overall event plan? Include schedule (dates and times), competition specifics, special events, community activity, etc:
16. What is the registration process for this event (how will participants/teams check in for the event)?
17. What benefits will the City of Virginia Beach receive if a grant is awarded? For example, where will the City of Virginia Beach logo be seen at your event (banners, program advertisements, television commercials, etc):
18. To what extent will the community be involved in this event? Include volunteer structure, local sponsorships, City Services assistance, etc:
19. How will this event affect the image value of the City of Virginia Beach and enhance the quality of life for its citizens?
20. Impact Projections
OUT OF REGION:(Greater than 100 miles outside of Hampton Roads)
How many total spectators (fans, families, friends) are you expecting for this event?
How many hotel room nights in Virginia Beach hotels do you expect this event to produce?
21. Please list all hotels used for this event with contact and rate information.
Selected Hotel(s) – Please list all hotels including the host hotel.
Host Hotel -
Virginia Beach Room Flow and Block:
25. MARKETING PLAN Please fill out the chart below with a complete marketing plan for your event. We have included a sample at the top so that you follow the format. This marketing plan is MANDATORY to receive funding. Your funding considerations will be highly based on this portion of the application.
TOTAL MARKETING BUDGET:
26. TOTAL EVENT EXPENSE
Your organization is (check one):
If "Other", please elaborate:
27. TOTAL EVENT INCOME
* Please include a list of contributors and amounts in the below details box
** Do not include the Sports Marketing Event Support Request*** Please include a list of sponsors and amounts in the below details box:
Please note: If Support is awarded, payment/reimbursement occurs after the event by submitting invoices totaling the amount requested and Post Event Report. The Sports Marketing Unit must receive receipts, invoices and final reports, no later than 60 days after the conclusion of the event, or by June 30, which ever comes first. If special consideration is needed for an extension of this deadline a written request for extension must be received within 60 days after the conclusion of the event. The following summarizes the allowable/disallowable expenses that may be used for reimbursement (as stated above.)
Intended use of the funds if awarded:
Will this event be in Virginia Beach for multiple years? Explain:
Will this event take place if you do not receive CVB Sports Marketing Event Support?
We, the undersigned, herby certify that we have read and understand the Event Support application process, and that all of the information included with our application is true and correct to the best of our knowledge:
Be the first to receive updates on fun
happenings in Virginia Beach.
Thanks for signing up! With all the exciting
events coming up, you’ll be glad you did.
Look for an email from us soon!
VisitVirginiaBeach.com is the official website for the Virginia Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau
Copyright © 2013 Virginia Beach CVB