RESIDENTIAL PARKING: PASSES
Parking is allowed at any time. A Resident Permit or Guest pass must be displayed when parking from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. Holiday parking restrictions require that a permit be displayed at all times. These Holidays are currently defined as:
- July 2: 8 p.m. through July 6 at 6 a.m.
- Labor Day Weekend: 8 p.m. Friday through 6 a.m. Tuesday
For residents to acquire a residential parking decal and two guest passes, contact (757) 437-2059.
RESIDENT PARKING: DISCOUNTS
All City residents can park at any lot or garage for $2 after 5pm with a valid driver’s license with a Virginia Beach address. Residents can park all-day for free at Croatan and Sandbridge Beaches.
- April 1 through October 31
- Rates are $1.50 per hour
- All meters accept credit cards, debit cards, or coins. Payment may also be made by cell phone via Parkmobile.
- Free parking at meters between 5th Street and Rudee Loop from 5am to 10am, but no parking is allowed after midnight. The Multi-Space Meters have been installed along the 200 block of Atlantic Avenue. As you exit your car, you will find a number at your feet, with an arrow pointing in the direction of your meter. Enter your parking space number at this meter, and pay for the time that you will need to park. For instructions on how to use the pay on foot meters, see Parkeon Meter Instructions.
BEACH ST. USA PARKING
- No parking in these spaces from 6pm to 6am from June 15th - August 30th
- Spaces are located at the 20th and 23rd Streets.
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES
The City has designated parking spaces throughout the resort area for individuals with disabilities and residents. To park in these spaces requires A PROPERLY DISPLAYED sticker, windshield placard, license plate, or other officially issued tag. No placard will be honored unless the person to whom the placard is issued is riding in the vehicle. There are designated spaces in the municipal parking lots and garages, on-street at Arctic Avenue and Atlantic Avenue, and on Atlantic Avenue cross streets from 1st - 37th. Additionally, any vehicle visibly marked with a "handicapped" tag or other form of identification may park at any metered location for free up to 4 hours. Universally-accessible ramps are located at every beach access in the resort area.
ROUTES TO ATLANTIC AVENUE
There’s more than one way to get to Atlantic Avenue and the oceanfront. To avoid traffic congestion, we suggest the Birdneck Road exit off Interstate 264. Convenient street signs are displayed at the bottom of the exit ramp and will direct you to your desired Atlantic Avenue destination.
|• Norfolk Ave.||• 17th Street|
|• 21st Street||• Laskin Road|
For additional parking information, call (757) 385-4800
Virginia Beach comes alive through video and features, with all the details you need to experience the fun firsthand.
VB CONVENTION CENTER
The list of reasons to meet in Virginia Beach starts with our state-of-the-art Convention Center.
GIFT OF TOURISM
See how tourism benefits Virginia Beach - and some common-sense perspective on why it’s a good thing.
Turn to the official Web site for the City of Virginia Beach for information on city services and tons of resources.